31 Day Challenge: Day 26

Day 26 - A picture of your day


Today was actually pretty crappy. I spent another Saturday at Gloria Jeans. Don't get me wrong, I still love my job and the people I work with. However today, I was just not feelin the love. I just wanted to be with my husband on his day off. I knew working weekends were a part of the position when I was hired, I guess I just didn't really know it would be EVERY weekend. It is really hard for Rusty and I since the weekends are all he has. 

Again though, I love my job. I love making expresso drinks and chillers. I love meeting new people, even if our interaction is brief. I really am happy as a barista. It is just hitting me how close we may be getting to deployments and I feel like I am hardly seeing him as it is. We talked about me getting another job, but honestly that wouldn't even be worth it. In a few months he will be finished with power school and in prototype he won't have a set M-F schedule. Then I may RATHER work weekends. Today I was just really down about the whole thing though. :-( 

Since I was so down and mentally preoccupied I also didn't enjoy my job like usual. I didn't feel connected to my coworkers, kinda like the new kid again.... pushed out of the loop. I felt like they would intentionally wait to say things until I was not around. Just little things like that. It was probably just the mood I was in though. 

Sigh.... another wasted Saturday at Gloria Jeans...

I thought that slogan was kinda ironic. lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment