Day 18: A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Hmm... I am having a hard time thinking of something for this category. I decided to look up the word "insecurity" to see if the definition would help. Wikipedia says it is "a feeling of general unease or nervousness that may be triggered by perceiving of oneself to be unloved, inadequate or worthless (whether in a rational or an irrational manner)....Insecurity may cause shyness, paranoia and social withdrawal, or alternatively it may encourage compensatory behaviors such as arrogance, aggression, or bullying." Yeah, it didn't help much.
So I cheated and looked at other people's "challenge" pictures on facebook... I found not being good enough, acne, and other things that didn't fully fit me. I do have a concern that people won't like me, that I am not pretty enough, that I am always being judged, but I don't think that I have one single biggest insecurity that really stands out. I really don't like my body. I feel kind of hobbit-like. Honestly though, I recognize that my flabby tummy is something I could change, but haven't. If it were really my BIGGEST insecurity I would work out and/or watch what I eat. After doing some searching.... I found something better... a different category. So now this post will be:
Day 18: A picture from the summer
Clearly I am incapable of picking just one picture! :-)
Cow Appreciation Day!
4th of July with my amazing sailor.
Traveling to California to NACURH
Programming as an RA in Lowndes Hall.
Going to Wild Adventures.. for free :-)
And some more visits with my sailor. <3

0 comments: