The Journey for Jasper

I posted earlier that the hubby was going to let me get a puppy for vday. I have been visiting multiple animal shelters, checking craigslist, petfinder, and other sites for a few weeks now looking for the right puppy. A navy wife posted on the group that she works at a kennel. I asked her if she had any breeders come in that she knew of. She didn't, but she did know that the brother of her pomeranian puppy was still available.

This is her baby. Super cute!!

Well... I called the breeder and planned a trip an hour and a half away to the boonies. I even got tow of my good friends Morgan and Katherine to join me. It was a really fun trip!

It was in the middle of NOWHERE! 

The breeder had horses and this creature who seemed really interested in us.

I was just goofing around.

Smallest mailbox numbers ever. We had a hard time finding the place.

Here is her trailer. Ummm... yeah. 

We stayed for about an hour and I fell in love with the puppy. :-)






Well worth the trip! I came home and got the okay from Rusty to get him the next day. Sooo... Wednesday morning I woke up SUPER early to get everything for the puppy. 
Apparently there are seagulls at 6am in the Walmart parking lot.

I was there too. Yuck. I really HATE walmart. But you can't be too picky at 6am.

I spent so much time here. I didn't even get half of the stuff on my list!

Since Walmart did not meet all of my doggie needs, I later had to make a trip to petsmart. That one went a lot better. I was going to photo document the whole journey, but I was running short on time after Walmart disappointed me. 

I picked him up at a random exit off 26... which I missed the first time... oops.

He is so good in the car!

So far he has been SUCH an awesome little doggie. Potty trained. Well, he had one accident tonight, but I think that was just because the hubby didn't take him out enough while I was at work. But just once in three days is good enough for me! He is super sweet. 

Last night I learned he is better with humans than other dogs. I went over to Jessica's house and we tried to get our dogs to play together, Mine wasn't so good at it.... Bailey (her dog) was soooo good though. Even when my dog was being a little brat and snapped at him.

Awful picture, but the other one I took was worse.

It was hard to pick a name for him. I had several ones that almost made the final cut: Samuel Adams, Klondike, Lance, Nevil, Kodiak, Fritz.... the list goes on... but I ended up with Jasper and I love it!

It has been really expensive. Today we got a fairly large vet bill. Totally worth every penny. My life just feels complete now that I have a dog. :-) Things are going great!




1 comments:

  • Anonymous | February 19, 2011 at 9:08 AM

    Yay! Jasper is adorable! Yep, dogs are expensive, but I always tell my boyfriend that it is worth it because having a dog adds years to your life. Hahahaha

    We are coming to South Carolina twice in March. I need to call you and see if we can hang out!

Post a Comment