Baby Barista Update
Posted by Anne at 11:35 PM Labels: Gloria Jeans, Job
It is super weird going from a desk job to a job with no desk... or even chair. Moving all the time. If I am standing still at Gloria Jeans.. I shouldn't be lol. I miss my desk, but I am having a great time.
Server v. Barista- I like it better than serving, because you don't deal with the douchebags for longer than about 5min. When you are serving they can be there for hours at a time. It is also nice getting paid hourly instead of hoping your tables will give you a good tip.
I really miss my coworkers from VSU. Like, they are the biggest thing I miss about VSU. However, I am so thankful that I like the coworkers at Gloria Jeans. I think I have finally met all of them and they are all wonderful. I am not sure if they care for me though. I don't think they *dislike* me, but I am not sure if they like me either. I think there have been a few moments where they were talking about me (and/or laughing at me) when I came over... :-/ I do have confidence that they cannot be as bitchy as some of these freakin navy wives. I hope they like me, but I know I have a "different" personality sometimes. I was invited to go bowling with some of them tonight, but I think it was a halfhearted invite. It's whatever. As long as I continue to enjoy the actual job, I should be fine.
There are several moments where I just feel in the way. It really sucks. I am trying my hardest to catch on quickly so I can actually feel like I am helping out. I hate asking questions every two minutes, but I hate messing up more. Being the new guy sucksss.
I really enjoy the actual job. It is pretty fun and I LOVE working again. That unemployed, non-student thing was not working for me. It is really fun when it gets busy. Until, I mess up. :-/ Then it throws me off. Today was stressful, it was my first Saturday. There were so many moments where I just felt in the way. I am not sure if I was ready to handle a Saturday. I still feel like I don't know enough. Last night was kinda stressful too, I helped close and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I was shoved in the back to do the dishes. At least back there I was out of the way of those who did. :-/
Overall it is hard, but fun. I am still trying to figure out if I fit in with the coworkers. Thankfully though I get to go home at the end of the night and leave all of my work in the mall. (Something that I could NOT do as an RA). I am so very thankful that I was given this opportunity. I will meet some interesting people, get out of the house, make a little money, and learn some new things.
--
OH! One super exciting thing about my job is one of my closest friends up here got hired! Morgan, the one I worked with at Edible Arrangements. I am like crazy excited about that. Apparently it may cause a problem with another Morgan, but idk her very well. I am just happy that I was able to help out and get Morgan a job and on top of that a job with ME! I doubt we will work together very much at first since we are both the new kids. Fun will be had when we DO work together though!
Labels
- 30 Rock (1)
- 31 Day Challenge (29)
- 4H (2)
- Adventure (5)
- Aids (1)
- Animal Shelter (1)
- Apple Store (1)
- Australia (1)
- Bahamas (1)
- Bath (3)
- Beach (2)
- Beer (1)
- Blood (1)
- Bones (1)
- Books (1)
- Busy (3)
- Cajun Kountry Kitchen Cafe (1)
- Californiacation (1)
- Cancer (1)
- Car (2)
- Change (3)
- Charleston (5)
- Closed (2)
- Coffee (3)
- Couch (2)
- Coupons (5)
- Crab (1)
- Cupcakes (3)
- Date (3)
- day off (4)
- Deals (4)
- Deployment (2)
- Depressed (2)
- Dinner (7)
- Dinosaur (1)
- Do Not Enter (1)
- Dog (5)
- Dog Park (2)
- Drama (3)
- Ebates (4)
- Edible Arrangements (6)
- Facebook (2)
- Family (2)
- Farmers Market (1)
- Farmville (1)
- fat (1)
- Fear (2)
- First Post (1)
- Fonduely Yours (1)
- Food (5)
- Food Review (2)
- Friends (3)
- Funny (1)
- Glee (2)
- Gloria Jeans (10)
- Graduation (2)
- Grocery Shopping (1)
- Happy (5)
- Harris Teeter (1)
- Harry Potter (1)
- Hawaii (1)
- High School (2)
- House (2)
- Husband (13)
- Impact (1)
- insecurity (2)
- Inspiration (1)
- Jasper (13)
- Jellyfish (1)
- Job (10)
- Journey (2)
- Katy Perry (2)
- Lady GaGa (1)
- Lazy (3)
- Mail (1)
- Mario Party (1)
- Marriage (2)
- Married (1)
- Menchies (1)
- Mount Pleasant (4)
- Moving (1)
- Navy (4)
- Navy Wives (2)
- NRHH (1)
- Nuke School (1)
- Pain (2)
- Parks and Recreation (1)
- Peace (1)
- Plans (2)
- Productivity (3)
- Puppy (5)
- Queen Annes Revenge (1)
- Rain (1)
- Random Pictures (7)
- Rant (1)
- Serving (1)
- Shopping (2)
- Sigma Alpha Iota (2)
- Spirit (1)
- summer (1)
- Taxes (1)
- Tea (1)
- The Cure (1)
- The Office (1)
- Time (1)
- Tired (1)
- Traveling (2)
- True Blood (1)
- U2 (1)
- Update (1)
- Valdosta (2)
- Valentines Day (2)
- Video (1)
- Wii (1)
- Wine (1)
- World (1)
Blog archive
-
▼
2011
(75)
-
▼
February
(25)
- Crab Holocaust 2011
- Apple Store Update
- Rough Night Saved by Girl Time and Menchies
- I'm on a boat!
- Spouse INDOC
- Bathtime!
- Accident prone
- Baby Barista Update
- Dog Park Fail
- The Journey for Jasper
- Happy Valentines Day
- Edible Arrangements
- My feets hurt.
- Closed
- I got my revenge... It was delicious
- What time is "dinner time"?
- Tapeworm.
- Candles, Cupcakes, and Puppies!
- Today's theme is food
- Pineapple.. Like omg
- To Michael Howatt
- Taxes
- Food Coma
- Love Love Date Nights
- Ummm... So I blog now I suppose.
-
▼
February
(25)
Powered by WordPress
©
Life Behind My Sailor's Kiss - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: