I'm a Proud Mama

So, I am pretty much obsessed with my dog. I love him to pieces. Yesterday many of you may have gotten a "proud mama" text from me when Jasper graduated his "beginner" obedience class. :-) He just did SO well in class. The other dogs didn't even come close to his mad skills lol. Jasper can now sit, go down, walk on a loose leash without pulling, come, stay(not for very long, this class only focused on up to 15second stays), take it, drop it, leave it, shake, spin, and he almost knows roll over. The biggest benefit I have seen though is how well he is interacting with other dogs. :-) I am so proud of my little boy.

Koodos to Lisa at the Petsmart in Summerville for doing such a good job working with both of us. I've gotta admit I wasn't crazy about her after the first class, maybe she wasn't having a good day and so her personality wasn't coming out. I would totally recommend her though! I would do her intermediate class, but she only does daytime classes. I can't decide if I will do a Thursday evening class in Summerville or either a Monday or Tuesday one in Mt. Pleasant.

Here are some picture from his graduation and the ride home. He loves to sit in between me and the drivers side door so he can be touching me, get the AC, and see out the window. :-)


My favorite.

He kept trying to eat his graduation cap lol






His diploma is on our refrigerator. 




I love being a total dork about my dog. People laugh about how much I do for him, I even take him to daycare when I have long days at work, but he will be in my life for the next 10 years or so. I want to make it a good experience for both of us.

My only real complaint about him is that bark. Ugh. Oh man if another dog is around he loses his shit. He has a little growl in his bark so sometimes people think he is aggressive. It is really embarrassing when we are places like Petsmart. At the dog park he never stops barking, but there it is okay it is a DOG park lol. I did have one lady ask me to go to the other side of the park, because the bitch was trying to read a book and my dog was annoying. Come on, why are you in a DOG park if DOGS being DOGS annoy you. Ugh whatever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment